Friday, May 28, 2021

Second hospital stay

 My second hospital stay has been okay. Except for the surprise of having to get another lumbar puncture to put more chemo in the spine, it has been predictable, being hooked up constantly with the exception of changing bags or a brief minute or two to change my shirt. 

It has been boring, stifling, the lack of anywhere to walk to and no fresh air is awful, but none of this was a surprise.  

I slept only one hour my first night here and last night, my third night, I slept 10.5 hours! I woke up with only 5 minutes to order breakfast.

I have one or two more nights before I can bust out. My immuno-compromised state worsens 10 days after the first chemo is infused. But my numbers are pretty good! 

2 comments:

  1. I love you I admire your mental and physical strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear! How's your appetite? Missing furry "people"? That has got to be tough, at least it would be here. Lumbar puncture? Yecch! Sorry to hear....each hospital stay? Still hoping you can make it for the reunion.....

    ReplyDelete