Sunday, May 9, 2021

Home again, hooray!

 Wow, I'm finally home. It was feeling like I was in the hospital forever. I was getting depressed. The second room I was changed to midweek didn't even have a circuit you could walk around and a bench to sit and watch the view.

On the other hand, it didn't have the incredibly noisy HVAC system, on 24 hours a day!

Things that are lovely: 🌲breathing fresh air! Not trailing 7 feet of tubing and a pole and a 9 feet electrical cord attached to the pole everywhere I go! Not being dependent on the wretched food service. Having more clothes to wear and not having to have the holy port open and available at all times (it is not "accessed" now, at least until tomorrow for labs again). And not having to pee/poop into a "hat" (I/O monitored) and asking the nurse to empty it after she measures my output. 

On the other hand, I spent over $100 at the pharmacy.  One of the medications was $85 and was only covered by my drug insurance for a dollar! So the meds continues, on and on, or that's how it feels.

It is nice to be home and I got some gardening done.  I came home to a bouquet of flowers! I unpacked and it was nice to come home to a clean home (Julie's friend cleaned it for me)! There is a lot to do still but I was getting so bored in the hospital. 

They did take good care of me in the hospital. The staff was excellent. If they could only improve that awful food service!

1 comment: