Thursday, May 6, 2021

Lumbar puncture

 I had an unsuccessful lumbar puncture yesterday.  I told them I had an awful and unsuccessful experience back in 2005 for Lyme disease.  A few weeks ago I had an unsuccessful bone marrow biopsy. But did they listen to me and do the puncture aided by x-ray? No, of course not.

So I am scheduled for this afternoon for radiology to get involved. They want to push some chemo into my spine. 

Fluoroscopy is a continuous X-ray that shows images on a computer monitor. This is used during a lumbar puncture to help guide the needle insertion between two lumbar vertebrae and then into the spinal cord.

At least it wasn't awful, people yelling at me (as I recall though now it seems unlikely) to bend over more like some horrible rape scenario. The lidocaine shot pinched and there were many shots. 

I hope it goes better today. Overall, I am feeling pretty good! I get a razor cut and a shower today!

No comments:

Post a Comment