Friday, May 3, 2013

Results of PET scan

So the results of the PET scan were relatively benign: some small lymph nodes, only slightly enlarged, in my neck and chest, only 1.5 cm instead of one cm.

It is a relief, yes.  But the technologist at the radiology clinic said don't be alarmed if you have to come back in right away, it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. What? She was unbearably cheerful! Why did she say "thank you" every time she left the room?

And the oncologist wants to see me back in four months. That seems so soon. If I've had this for ten years, why do another scan in such a short time?

He also was predictably dismissive of Miller and naturopathy, So I am determined to do as much as I can of the recommendations of Miller--walnuts, berries, Vitamin D, etc. because I do believe it is the right path. And healthier is always better. It's only common sense!

4 comments:

  1. They always want to see you back soon. A little CYA medicine, a little routine surveillance and a chance to see no change and be happy with the word indolent. Or somnolent. It's late and I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somnolent sounds even better than indolent! Thanks, Jackie. What is CYA?

      Delete
  2. Ack, I knew that once upon a time! CRS strikes again (Can't Remember Shit)!

    ReplyDelete