Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pink for the decision against DOMA

Settling into the routine, at least for the remaining treatments (#4,5,6). I may even be able to learn how to inject myself in the subcutaneous fat, not in the muscle, which has been giving me a small rash, very itchy.
I have Connor for my nurse again this week. He's a big man who can easily get away with wearing a bright pink uniform (boys used to wear pink and girls blue a hundred years ago-even as late as 1918 it was stated in a government publication that pink was best for boys and blue, being a dainty color, best for girls). Nurses don't wear pastel colors anymore? We can hear him talking about going to the Fremont Solstice Parade to another patient.  We can hear everything so I am listening to Pandora except when I want to hear the young handsome doctor (perhaps) with the Eastern European accent.
So I have two more infusions, numbers 5 & 6, and then I get another PET scan to see if there has been progress. If not, I will have two more sessions of Rituxan and maybe get that other drug which is more like chemo in that there are side effects. My only complaint now is the red itchy spots on my tummy from the injections.

No comments:

Post a Comment