Friday, April 9, 2021

Chemo has been delayed

 Today I found out the first treatment has been changed to Monday morning, bright and early. Is it even light out at 7 am? 

Today I saw Dr Ujjani's PA and then I saw a pharmacist and then I saw a nutritionist. I realized the very little I have been eating is a problem. How could I not know this? Is dieting and weight loss so drummed into our culture that I thought it could be a good thing? It's a problem for getting chemo. So I've taken my first anti-nausea pill (why wasn't I taking it before this? I have had queasiness or nausea almost all the time and some vomiting) and it may be too soon to say but I think it's helped already. I downed a piece of toast as if I were a normal person just now! I have Booster (supposedly it's better than Ensure, the stuff my mother was trying to swallow on her way out of this world) getting cold now and the wonderful Julie is going to make her wonderful chicken soup for me soon. 



Of course, this all may change Monday but I have medication for it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment