Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Bow to the port

More fun at SCCA! A dizzying array of terms and drugs to remember. 

Today Lee drove me for the port and it turns out she, like Julie, has about 3 years experience at Virginia Mason hospital! Lee was a surgical tech. But, as it turns out, she couldn't be with me (why? One word answer you may have heard before: Covid). 

We arrived at 10:30 and I had a blood draw and an IV line put in so an hour or so later I could get sedation for the port surgery. 



Everyone was really nice, again. My nurse couldn't seem to hear me and got uncomfortably close to me. She said it was because of my mask but she was close enough to me to see her hearing aid (even with her cap on) and sure enough,  she had a hearing aid. And the coldest darn hands I have ever encountered!

So now I can nap but I have to sit up for a few hours. My neck hurts quite a bit but only on the right side where the port was installed. 

Now I should have three weeks FREE! And it really does seem that my pain has decreased A LOT! Lovely, that is! Maybe I can stop the Oxycodone.

2 comments: