Monday, June 14, 2021

Good news

Good news today re: results of the PT scan! The tumor appears to be dead! I still need the treatment (3 more stays in the hospital) but they will use the earlier dosage so I should not get as weak and fragile as I was this last time. Yay! What a relief to get the news!

I was also able to skip the infusion of IV fluids today because I am doing so well but that means I should be drinking 64 ounces of liquids a day. 

My appetite is still good, or not awful, so I think I've gained a few pounds. I'm supposed to eat 90 grams of protein per day which is a lot! A Boost drink has 20 grams of protein and 240 calories so Julie thinks I should be drinking 3 Boosts a day even if I am eating more normally.

Food is not repulsive anymore but I don't feel much actual hunger. 

I am still having abdominal pain but it's so mild that it doesn't bother me enough to take Oxycodone and risk constipation. 

1 comment: