Monday, August 2, 2021

Prognosis of lymphoma

I am just about to leave the hospital and breathe fresh air again. I am looking forward to that. It will be a month or two before my counts are up again and I can resume having fresh flowers, maybe taking in a foster pet, maybe going back to book group. 

 I didn't realize until just now that I have follicular lymphoma AND DLBCL or Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma. The latter is the aggressive type. The prognosis is not as rosy: Through these treatments, more than half of all patients with DLBCL can be cured; the overall cure rate for older adults is less than this but their five-year survival rate has been around 58%. (Wikipedia)

1 comment:

  1. It's remarkable that, months into this diagnosis, they're just sharing it with you now. Maybe because DLBCL is "the most common form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma among adults".? Oh, my goodness, common or not, DLBCL is both a scary word and a scary diagnosis. I'm somewhat reassured knowing your healthy diet. And I do see that research showing diet and other choices seems to make a difference (https://nutritionguide.pcrm.org/nutritionguide/view/Nutrition_Guide_for_Clinicians/1342083/all/Lymphoma) Noemie

    ReplyDelete