Monday, August 16, 2021

Waiting list

I am now on the waiting list to get a booster shot. I have no idea how long it will be. From studies, I am probably not protected by the Covid vaccines (Pfizer) I received in January and February. This is from today's email about recent studies and is from the LLS, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society:

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma patients are less likely to have detectable antibodies. The percentage of patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma who were seronegative following vaccination ranged from 21% to 56%. This includes patients with diffuse large B cell, mantle cell, marginal zone and follicular lymphomas, as well as Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia. In contrast, just one of 64 Hodgkin lymphoma patients was seronegative. Many of these patients were treated with anti-CD20 antibodies such as rituximab, which eliminates B-cells that make antibodies.

(I had rituximab and I have (had?) Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma) 

P.S. I just scheduled my booster shot and it is this week! 

1 comment: