Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'm  doing so much better this time around: no side effects so far and I am an hour into the Rituxan. The Vitamin C has been given and I had some minor hand aches where they put the IV.
Maybe I won't even get the chills tonight. I dare to hope. (later: no chills but I did have a bout of stomach ache and diarrhea, which I thought was from the Leukine, but seems to have been food poisoning since both Steve and I felt sick after our late lunch)
I will be giving myself shots of Leukine for the next 3 days, as my insurance pays for "injection benefits".
Dr. Chen felt both of my armpits and could still feel the enlarged node in the left one. He said we might do Treanda  along with the Rituxan if the node doesn't go away or become less prominent. But Treanda usually has more side effects than Rituxan.

I see the traffic on 405 is stopped and I would almost rather be here, relaxing in my LaZ-boy lounger, than out there.

1 comment:

  1. What a great view out the window - it looks like you're on a train... Rituxin, Treanda, Leukine, self-injections.... you're a traveler in a new land. I think of it all making you stronger - setting your healing powers in motion....

    ReplyDelete