Thursday, June 20, 2013

It was probably the lettuce

I'm settling into a routine with the third treatment and that's nice. Even comforting. It helped that the weather today was blustery and cool so I wasn't sitting there longing to be outside on my day off. But I had no side effects today. It appears that last week both Steve and I got food poisoning from lunch after treatment. Ha, so it wasn't the Leukine, it was the lettuce!

The routine: ouch goes the needle in my hand or wrist, in goes the Vitamin C, pop two Tylenol and in goes the Benadryl (I didn't even feel drunk from it this time), where is the Rituxan? There it is, saline first, then the monoclonal antibodies, and now I can watch the monitor to see approximately how much longer I have to sit. Today I was alarmed to see the tube turn red after the Vitamin C and the walk down the hall to see Dr Chen: I "bled out" when the bag ended and there was nothing coming in so gravity dictated that something go out. It wouldn't be a problem unless an hour passed and it hardened. You medical people probably understand it a lot better than me but a little saline solution and again it was clear. Except to me.

And two needles of Leukine to take home with me. I can't say I don't have anything planned for my Friday and Saturday nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment