Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"It's not chemo, it's monoclonal antibodies"

It's all getting very routine which is comforting, mostly. Today the infusion went well except for a little pain when Connor put the needle in (we discussed ports, cousin Verandah, but they are not having trouble with my veins and I only have one more infusion planned) and some stabbing pain with the Benadryl.

People are so used to chemo being the only option. They look at me and say I look fine, clearly used to the horrors of chemo side effects. I feel I have to at least tell them that I am NOT doing chemo but we need to see how the PET scan comes out--i may need to do Treanda but I'm hoping not. I am clinging to something the naturopath said, that he would be "shocked" if the lymphoma/tumors have not disappeared after 6 treatments with Rituxan (plus Vitamin C and Leukine). Is that really what he said, Steve? And then you have to wonder, how often is he shocked?

2 comments: