Thursday, May 30, 2013

Big Bugaboo of Sugar

Sugar feeds cancer? Or it doesn't. Even if you manage to avoid sugar (fruit counts), cancer cells will feed on something else. You'd have to starve yourself to starve cancer and then you'd suffer anyway.

http://curecancer73-don.blogspot.com/2012/12/cancer-feeds-on-sugar-acidic-cells-get.html
But what is the truth?Is there such a thing?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/patient1/Patient-1-Eating-to-live-longer.html

I touched on the “cancer diet” in a previous post, but for posterity and those too busy to go read about vegetables, it breaks down like this – with the help of a nutritionist friend, I am on a pretty strict diet that features raw (and some cooked) veggies, limited fruit, some fish, lots of beans, a little egg, some nuts, and oh yea, more veggies.  Gone from the pantry – animal meat, all dairy (giving up yogurt was tough), almost all processed foods, and sugar.  Not just refined sugar, but really anything that spikes your blood sugar – hence the limited fruits.  Her words to me were: “sugar feeds cancer.”

I had a visit with my naturopath at Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center and I will indeed not be eating sugar. Or even dairy, once I get through the yogurt I just bought. He wants me to challenge dairy: stop dairy for at least two weeks and then eat a lot of it. Gladly! The Primal diet includes a lot of meat but I don't know that much about it yet. So much to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment