Tuesday, July 13, 2021

“Home again, home again, jiggity-jig!”

 Home again and it's nice not to be interrupted at midnight and 4 am (and more if there is air in the line for the chemo and it beeps and wakes me up--then the nurse has to come in and try to get the bubbles out). I slept over 9 hours last night! I love my bed.

My friend Jim is visiting from Arizona and has been helping me out. And he took me out of the city! We went to Kubota Gardens, a quick trip, but such a pretty place. It was the first time I had left the city limits since mid-February when I went to Southcenter Mall to see a movie. He got pizza and salad for take out and after the garden we got milk shakes. I got used to having them at the hospital (but they have protein in them, Carnation Instant Breakfast).

Of course, I had to go into the clinic today, only one day later, to get the shot, a growth hormone, that sometimes causes aches. I've had it before but I can't remember.

One more hospital stay in my near future! And I already have a PT scan scheduled for September.

No comments:

Post a Comment