Wednesday, July 3, 2013

blood tests

The Center gives me the results of my latest blood tests each week before the end of my visit. Today I didn't have a single mark in the "FLAG" column which means ALL of my blood results come in normal. Hooray, I LOVE being normal, always have, since my family was so far from normal or average!

The things that were flagged on my visit May 15th were many but that was a much more extensive test, mostly about my very high cholesterol. More recently, on 6/20, my BUN /Creatinine Ratio was flagged as being too high. It went from 29 to 18. Hey, I don't know what it is but I assume the improvement is from the Leukine. Hmm, but it was 15 on 12/29/2009. (Okay, I just looked it up and found out it has to do with kidney function and dehydration. I remember a librarian friend saying she'd like to outlaw webMD which is where I read it!)

The more I learn the less I understand...

And then there's the big ugly bruise on my left foot and little toe that I don't remember the cause of. Is that a symptom of nHL? It is, indeed:
Easy bruising or bleeding (from low blood platelet counts)



No comments:

Post a Comment