Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Alternative therapy

It's been only 6 days and I have already had so many suggestions for treatment. I have 3 naturopaths to consult with. I have a suggestion of a kind of qigong (is a practice of aligning breath, movement, and awareness for exercise, healing, and meditation). I have the number of a friend's niece who has had this disease. I have many articles from Lymphoma Survival website, getting into obscure topics such as epigenetics (the study of changes in gene expression or cellular phenotype, caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying DNA sequence – hence the name epi- (Greek: επί- over, above, outer) -genetics, some of which are heritable) that require patience and perseverance to understand.
So how to sort through it all? I guess I have to go with what I instinctively feel is right for me. Easy to say but how else to proceed? I like the article that says doing nothing, the "wait and watch" the oncologist talked about, is "benign neglect".



No comments:

Post a Comment