Friday, March 29, 2013

Getting HealthyER

After reading most of a very long article, I went to a health food store and spent a lot of money buying what the author and survivor of lymphoma recommended. Red palm oil but I'm not sure what to do with it. I didn't get the Kelp capsules--can I just eat those seaweed snacks Trader Joe's makes instead? They are pretty tasty!
There are the unpronounceables: Resveratrol? Astaxanthin? but only from non-farmed salmon! It gets very complicated, getting healthy (healthier). I have to educate myself, apparently.



2 comments:

  1. I buy bags of dried seaweed from Asian markets and I eat it raw and dried - my favorite is kelp shreds. It's amazingly good with raw onion slices, almonds, and cheddar cheese. At least I think so! My son likes it too. I also regularly use it in soup. I would think it's much more potent in its straight form than in a snack or capsule.... I also used to make a sublimely delicious carrot shred/seaweed salad - equal amounts of shredded carrot and (soaked raw) seaweed. I think there's ginger in there too - as well as tahini and brewer's yeast. There are a lot of carrot seaweed salads on the webs - but most have sugar added...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I could learn some good stuff from you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete