Friday, December 24, 2021

Evusheld SOON!

 Is there hope? For the 3% of the population who are immuno-compromised (about the same as the number of true blondes), Evusheld is very encouraging.  When and if I am able to get the two shots, I would be more comfortable going out, eating in a restaurant,  even going to a movie or play! They say it takes 2-4 weeks to be effective. 

Seattle Cancer Care Alliance said: There is unfortunately a very limited number of doses, but we are currently working out the logistics of Evusheld and will send announcements as soon as possible!  A woman (on Facebook) in FL got it from her local health department. 

Update 12/28: SCCA called me to ask if I wanted the Evusheld! I have to get the PCR test and then in a week or so I am tentatively scheduled to get the 2 doses (in the buttocks). That means I will be able to go to a movie or restaurant for the next six months! This is exciting!

There's a new drug to prevent Covid-19, but there won't be nearly enough for Americans who are eligible

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/24/health/prevent-covid-19-evusheld/index

No comments:

Post a Comment