Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Is Rituxan once again in my future?


So it IS cancer. 

The PET scan showed the mass to be very bright which would not happen with a benign mass. "It is much brighter than I would expect with a low grade follicular lymphoma," Dr. Ujjani said. But she doesn't know what kind of cancer it is-- if it's a new cancer or a reoccurrence of the follicular lymphoma. 

So she is ordering a biopsy which I have to go to the University of Washington to get, maybe next week.

Then I go back to Dr. Ujjani at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance to discuss treatment. She said that might be rituximab and chemotherapy.  I had Rituxan back in 2013 and it was a breeze but chemotherapy scares me. 

But anything to stop the pain! Since Tylenol and Ibuprofen don't touch the pain, she wrote me a prescription for oxycodone (autocorrect changed that to "oxymoron"--get with the times, Ms Autocorrect!). That scares me, too. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you’re scheduled soon so you know better what you’re dealing with. It must be so hard to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, I just read through your Las several posts. I’m so sorry to hear about this, especially the anxiety of not knowing. And now the anxiety of knowing. I hope the treatments bring you relief from pain and healing for your body and spirit.

    ReplyDelete